Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Hair today.....gone tomorrow

I kinda took a long break from blogging so will catch up now!  My wonderful husband said these 20 weeks are mine and I can do whatever I want!  What a great guy!  I took a blogging break.

The cancer center by me has a wig boutique.  American cancer society gives you the first wig free and the cancer center boutique has a wonderful volunteer who helps you pick it out.  I decided I better make an appointment soon before I wake up with a pillow full of hair and a head without hair.  I made my appointment for 2 weeks after my first chemo.  It was a Friday.  The night before I was brushing hairs off my face when I was sleeping.  In the shower, clumps of hair were coming out.  When I got to the boutique, the stylist combed out more clumps so......I got my head shaved!  She turned me away from the mirrors so I didn't have to watch.  I picked out a reddish brown wig which makes my eyes look really blue.  Everyone says they are surprised it's a wig because it looks so natural.  That helps!

Emotionally I'm fine.  Now thrilled that I have no hair and that I have to wear wigs and hats.  I've never been a hat person but I'm doing pretty good at the scarf, hat and wig thing.  My problem is that I sometimes think the wig is a hat so I'll adjust it in public....LOL Look, that lady is moving her hair!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog!